Since 1983, Machu Picchu is in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Site. The wonderful village is situated in Peru, South America, where the Inca civilization built its sacred sanctuary in the 15th Century. Due to the massive Spanish Invasion, the city lasted for only 100 years and left behind the beautiful evidence of the rich heritage behind for the tourists to cherish.
Salkantay Trek in your Bucket List
The trekkers and hikers from all over the world dream of coming to this 600 years old village to enjoy the mountain paths and Incan trails. In fact, this tourist attraction turns out to be the best for the history and archaeology buffs. There are many trains constructed by the brilliant Incan people that lead to the sacred sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Green Peru Adventures provides the best arrangements to Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu. The memorable trek takes 5 days to complete and the prices for the arrangement are really affordable.
Salkantay means ‘the savage one’. Due to the challenging terrain and panoramic views of the grassland, valleys, snow-clad mountains and jungles on the hillside, the enthusiasts often visit here to embrace the bliss of nature. As per the National Geographic Adventure and Travel Magazine, this trek is one of the most sought adventures that the tourists want to do.
About the Trek
The Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu includes the following destination points and activities that will be covered within the stipulated time span.
- Cusco is the main point from where the trek begins. The visiting trekkers are taken via a convenient transport medium. During this part of the trek, the necessary accessories and supplies are taken for the long journey ahead.
- After reaching Mollepata, the second part of the travel starts amidst nature. Here the views of the Salkantay Mountain and the lush green valley will take your breath away. Get the best views of the Apurimac River during the sunrise with the snow-clad peaks behind.
- After reaching Sayllapata, the hiker for the Humantay Lagoon will start. This destination is around 4200 meters above sea level.
- The entire environment will change when the next part of the trip will take you to the snowy peaks amidst tropical mountains. This is the toughest part of the trek where the trekkers will find the awesome views of Salkantay peaks.
- After crossing several other tourist attraction points, the next stop will be at Aguas Calientes from where the climbing of the peak to reach Machu Picchu will start. The trail used to reach the peak is not at all crowded by tourists. The tranquility along with the Incan ruins beside the trails will give your eyes absolute pleasure.
- At the hill top, the sacred sanctuary of Machu Picchu rests with the ruins of the advanced civilization. There are many things to visit on this site that proves the brilliant architecture and constructional capabilities of the ancient civilization.
The grasslands and the ruins of the Incan sanctuary are worth watching. The peaceful and serene environment along with the scenic beauties will fabricate unforgettable memories of the trek.